Just a quick google search of fitness facts and I found a few interesting things pertaining to your heart.
1. You would need to drink a quart of milk every day for three to four months to drink as much blood as your heart pumps in one hour.
2. Your heart is about the size of your fist and weighs about as much as a softball.
3. In the course of a lifetime, the resting heart will have pumped enough blood to fill 13 supertankers.
4. Your heart is the strongest muscle of your body and beats about 100,000 times in one day, in an average adult.
5. A kitchen faucet would need to be turned on all the way for at least 45 years to equal the amount of blood pumped by the heart in an average lifetime.
First step to maintaining a healthy heart…get to the gym!Share